Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS)
With LA Networks, learn how to get the functions of capabilities of a modern SOC so you can detect threats faster and remediate events quicker
What is SOC-as-a-Service
No security tool can provide 100% protection. A well-staffed and trained Security Operations Center (SOC) can dramatically lower times to detect and respond to breaches
Data breaches can disrupt business operations and cause significant economic damage, especially to businesses that don’t have the resources to build a fully operational SOC
A SOC is a centralized group of people and tools that work to monitor, detect, prevent, respond, remediate, analyze, and maintain a company’s IT infrastructure and security posture.
What are the benefits of a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Continuous 24×7 Monitoring
- Faster detection and reduced incident response times
- Minimizes the scope and impact of security incidents
- An effective security operations center is not just about great technology. It’s about how your people, processes, and technology work together to identify threats and swiftly take corrective action.
SOC-as-a-Service is the practice of engaging a third-party to function as a company’s SOC. Instead of staffing a SOC and purchasing and maintaining a suite of security tools, SOCaaS allows organizations to employ companies that already have a team of trained SOC analysts and purpose built tools for haster deployment and lowered costs.
Why are businesses turning to MSSPs for SOC
Cybersecurity is a people’s problem. No matter how many security tools or protections you may have, people are still the most common attack vector. A well equipped SOC can detect and respond to threats that slip through other security products.
With all of the benefits that a SOC provides, why aren’t more companies building and staffing a 24×7 SOC?
Companies often underestimate the costs in building a SOC and the difficulties in staffing a SOC.
For many companies, SOCaaS can be a faster cost-effective method of deploying a fully featured SOC in a shorter timeframe and at lower cost.
- Lower costs.
- Faster time to deployment
- Qualified expertise
- Minimized SOC Analyst turnover
- Design and build out SOC infrastructure, from facilities and networks to systems, storage, and physical security
- Establish an effective vulnerability management practice
- Organize incident response teams and measure their performance
Why do you need LA Networks help with SOCaaS?
- Most companies are not equipped to staff and manage a Security Operations Center (SOC).
- A SOC can dramatically decrease the time to detection and remediation for breaches to your network
- Building an in-house SOC is time-consuming and expensive
- Cyber threats are increasing in number and sophistication. Finding the talent that can keep up is difficult
- Building and integrating the tools for an effective SOC is a time-consuming process
- High stress and large amounts of work means that turnover and retention of SOC analysts can be difficult